Friday, March 25, 2011

Baby Corbin Has Arrived!

Corbin Cary Rossman has arrived and made his grand entrance into this world on March 15, 2011 at 12:46pm. He weighed 8lbs 10oz and was 21 inches long. He's such a blessing to our little family. I must say, so far he is such a great sleeper and is a very quiet boy! I probably just jinxed myself by bragging so I had better stop.

Since I never blog, let me start from the beginning. We found out we were pregnant last July. From the very first week (ok about week 5 or 6) I had morning sickness. I had always heard that every pregnancy is different but I was hoping I would be one of the lucky few who never get morning sickness with any pregnancy. I never had any morning sickness with Hayden so it was such a shock when I would have to run to the toilet first thing in the morning or have to brush my teeth again after gagging on my toothbrush the first time.

My morning sickness lasted until about week 20. It was about that time when we got our first ultrasound and got to see our little guy. We decided that we did not want to find out the sex of our baby. We would be happy with whatever we got. Based on all my physical symptoms (morning sickness, baby heart rate, weight gain) I thought we would be having a girl. So we picked the name Kylie Michelle for a girls name. It wasn't until the day before we went to the hospital that we decided on the name Corbin and even then we hadn't chosen a middle name. We wanted to incorporate the name Klye or Cary into a boy's or girls name in honor of Casey's younger brother Cary.

In the morning of March 15th we all went to St. Mary's hospital to check me in. I had a scheduled C-section this go around since I had to have an emergency c-section with Hayden. Casey's mom Michelle was there with us, it was nice to have the extra help "nesting" the few days before Corbin got here. Everything went as planned and Corbin arrived that afternoon. It was neat not knowing what we were having. My doctor knew we didn't find out the sex so right when they got him out they pulled down the sheet so we could see what we had before they told us we had a boy!

When they brought me out of the recovery room an hour or so later, Hayden was waiting patiently in the room after asking, "Where mommy at?" about a million times. Hayden was so excited to see Corbin. When he went to the nursery with Casey to go look at him and Corbin wasn't in there he asked the nurse, "Where my baby go?"

We asked Hayden if he wanted to hold his baby brother and he held his arms out immediately and wanted to hold him right then and there. While holding him Hayden said, "My baby brother." and then kissed him on the forehead. It was so cute.

Hayden loves his baby brother and loves to give him kisses everyday.

Corbin Cary Rossman


Hayden and his little brother Corbin.
Such a big yawn for such a little guy!

3 comments:

MommaLinda said...

And, yes, he really is that cute! he's getting cuter every day, too.

Gail said...

Katie- he's so beautiful I can hardly stand it! It makes me want to be the dreaded aunt that covers kids in kisses and pinches their cheeks!!

Unknown said...

Congrats & so QT pie! Hope you guys are all doing well. Miss ya!