On Friday evening when I went to pick up Hayden from Susan's I had mentioned to her wanting to go to the Sacramento Zoo. Of course Hayden overheard and immediately wanted to go right then and there. When Casey got home from work all Hayden would talk about was, "I want to go see the animals." We told him maybe we would go in the morning assuming he would forget by then. Saturday morning 8am Hayden wakes up (he ended up sleeping in our bed) rolls over and says, "I wanna see the animals." How could we say no to that? We got up, packed some lunches and off we went to the Sacramento Zoo. The boys did fine on the ride over, Hayden just sat there waiting to see the animals and Corbin slept the entire way. We arrived about noon and walked around and saw several animals and exhibits. I took out my camera to take Hayden's picture next to the Flamingos. After one picture it said memory full! Ahhhh, I had left my SDM card in the laptop after updating from my last blog. Oh well at least we had out cell phones which worked just fine. There was also an Art show going on with several booths set up. We decided to eat lunch with the giraffes and after that we had pretty much seen the entire Zoo (you can pretty much see everything within an hour). They are remodeling several exhibits and all the animals usually sleep during the heat of the day so there wasn't much to see. Next time we go to a Zoo we'll have to make it San Diego and visit Damian's family while we are down there.
Corbin's first trip to the Sacramento Zoo. He slept the day away relaxing in his stroller, ahh to be a kid again!


My little monkey. We got to see the a bunch of them, at least those exhibits were open and the animals were active.
We also spoiled Hayden with a pony ride. He was so excited when the lady helped him mount the horse. I also posted video of this. I'm sure he would've ridden this thing all day long, but my allergies were horrible so we had to jet. Allergies were so bad for everyone down there that we went to a gas station who had run out of all their allergy pills. Casey managed to find Benadryl for me, which made me pass out almost instantly. I slept the entire way home fell asleep at 9 and slept until 10am. I woke up feeling like I had an allergy hand over, my eyes feeling like there were 1,000 grains of sand in them. So needless to say I didn't make it to church today for Mother's Day:( Even now it being over 24 hours since I took the Benadryl I feel soooooo sleepy. Hopefully my allergies and itchys will be gone before I go back to work tomorrow. Besides the severe allergy attack we had a fun family weekend at the zoo.

After the Zoo we were going to go over to Fairytale Town, but then thought Hayden's old enough to go to Thunder Land and ride the big kid rides. We were right, he loved it! The first thing you see when entering the park is train tracks, so him and Casey rode the train around the park. Next stop, the Dragon roller coaster. Hayden screamed the entire time and it goes around the track 3 times. I took a video which is posted below and you can hear him screaming the entire way. He also saw the kids in front of him throw their hands into the air, so he too did an entire lap without any hands.
We had one ticket left and found a ride that Hayden could do by himself. This went over really well, he's clearly bored to death especially after the Dragon roller coaster.
We also spoiled Hayden with a pony ride. He was so excited when the lady helped him mount the horse. I also posted video of this. I'm sure he would've ridden this thing all day long, but my allergies were horrible so we had to jet. Allergies were so bad for everyone down there that we went to a gas station who had run out of all their allergy pills. Casey managed to find Benadryl for me, which made me pass out almost instantly. I slept the entire way home fell asleep at 9 and slept until 10am. I woke up feeling like I had an allergy hand over, my eyes feeling like there were 1,000 grains of sand in them. So needless to say I didn't make it to church today for Mother's Day:( Even now it being over 24 hours since I took the Benadryl I feel soooooo sleepy. Hopefully my allergies and itchys will be gone before I go back to work tomorrow. Besides the severe allergy attack we had a fun family weekend at the zoo.


3 comments:
Oh, be sure to tell Hayden that his grandma Linda loves to ride horseys and roller coasters, too! Looks like a fun time.
So cute!!
So fun! I love the zoo and I'm an adult. Super cute kiddos.
Post a Comment