Saturday, July 9, 2011

We had a fun visit with Damian, Tandy and their kids who arrived at our place early Wednesday morning. It was great to have them here with us even if it was only for one day. We decided to go to Tahoe for a few hours. We did the Vikingsholm hike in Emerald Bay. It was a nice day, a little overcast so it wasn't too hot. I stole these pictures from google images because of course I didn't bother taking my camera! I'll just wait for Tandy to update her blog.




By the time we got down to the "Castle" it started to thunder and sprinkle, but regardless the kids still wanted to find a beach to swim in. We drove North to Tohoma City and found a nice little pebble beach. The kids all wanted to go play in the water even though it had dropped below 60 degrees! Burr, it was cold and raining, but they enjoyed it. Braeden is quite the rock skipper, I think he got 7 skips on one throw!

After our trip to the lake we came back to our house and Damian and Tandy were kind enough to buy pizza for everyone! Yummy. We went to bed pretty late and Hayden had his first sleepover with his cousins. He loved it! I wasn't sure if they would get any sleep but about five minutes after they all laid down, they were all out like a light! They all must have played and hiked hard at the Lake.

The following morning I had to go to work and take the boys back to daycare. So we got up did the normal routine, went to work and then I went to Susan's house to pick up the boys. The first thing Hayden said when I picked him up was, "Gonna see Ella, Lexi and Braeden!" He was so sad when he got home and his cousins had left. But while they were here we all had a great time! Thanks for coming to visit us Damian, Tandy and kids!

2 comments:

Tandy said...

Um... don't hold your breath for my update! I'm so proud that you got one in so SOON!! Yay! I will, however, just send you the pix and you can use them how you like from there! I have a LOT of blogging to do! I got all caught up... and then... well, life happens! Thanks again for hosting us! We loved it! Especially BRAEDEN... with HAYDEN... "that rhymes, you know!" says he! He REALLY needed that boy time! Love you all! Good luck with the move!

Linda Liebhardt said...

Wow! That's impressive that you got a post done in the midst of everything you've got going on. Thanks! We love it.