So here is what's been going on for the past year or so. I was working for a small start up company right after I left RPD and worked there for 2 years. I recently quit (in July) so I could stay at home with the boys. We had to downsize quite a bit but it's well worth the sacrifice of a second income and larger house. It's been so great being with them everyday (yes, sometimes I do admit I wish I were working, but those moments quickly pass). It's crazy how fast the grow and how quickly they learn.
Last week Casey and I celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary. Casey was able to take the day off from work so we packed a lunch and headed to our Kids Discovery Museum. The kids had a great time. There are so many fun things to do there and the place is HUGE!
The main floor has this great water display that the kids can play in. Here you can see Casey and the boys having a boat race, I think Hayden won (by cheating). Corbin was completely soaked by the time we left this room to go to the lunchroom and eat. I had to strip him down and dry his clothes with the conveniently located blow dryers right next to the water works while he ate.
Earlier this month we also went to a day of the Air Races as a family. Casey got to see his cousin Shawna for the first time on over a decade. It was nice to visit with her for a little while. I've only ever "met" her on Facebook, so it was a real treat really meeting her.
September is a busy month for the City of Reno. They have the Balloon Festival, Air Races, Street Vibrations, Rib Cook Off and a few other things downtown. We were able to go to most of those events (we chose not to participate in Street Vibes). The night before the Balloon Races I actually read my manual. for my camera I've had for over a year and figured out the settings on how to get good shots in the dark. I think I got quite a few good shots! I was quite pleased with my picture taking abilities.
And a few more pictures.....
They had a few old planes fly over in formation after the national anthem. Soon after a flock of geese flew over us in formation too. I thought it was funny so I took a picture of it :)
My good friend Susan and her daughter Ashley came with us for the early morning Glow Show. We all got up at 4 am so we could get there by 5 when the show started. It was pretty neat. After the balloons took off Susan and Ashley came to our place and I made some yummy chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast.
Hayden refused to have his picture taken the entire day.
No comments:
Post a Comment