Monday, October 8, 2012

Silly Sayings

I always forget to write down the funny things Hayden does all the time. He is such a clever little boy. He and  Casey always "trick" each other.  It used to be just funny little things like, "Mom, I don't like to color......tricked you!"  Now it's a little more elaborate.  His last one was, "Dad, I want to get on a plane and leave this place......tricked you!"  Another one that Casey and I got a kick out of was, "Mommy and Daddy, I love the Dodger's.......ha, ha I tricked you good."  For those of you who don't know The Dodger's are not liked in our household and it was considered a swear word in Casey's house growing up.  So for Hayden to catch on to me and Casey talking about the Dodger's with dislike was pretty funny.

I love being at home with him and Corbin being able to hear all the funny and silly things they all day.  Today we were talking about the importance of picking up our messes and cleaning up after ourselves.  Hayden told me that he wanted to go outside and play baseball.  I let him know we can, but not until we picked up all the trains and cars that he was playing with earlier because we don't move on to the next activity until the last one is cleaned up.  He looked at me, then looked at his mess of toys and said, "Never mind, I want to play with my toys."  At least I tried!  He did end up helping me later in the evening and we got the boy's room and the front room all clean.

Corbin doesn't talk at all; he hasn't really tried yet.  He's pretty content with just grunting and beating up his older brother.  He can already take Hayden down with a quick push (or punch), he's a husky little guy whose always on the move.  It makes me tired just thinking about it!

Tonight we drove up to the Temple for our FHE.  Hayden was really excited and thought we would be going into the temple.  I told him he can't go in until he's older and of course he answers with "cause why?"  He got so upset he almost started to cry.  I took out my temple recommend and showed him what it was and why it is important to have one. He tried to take my recommend and put it in his pocket so he could go into the temple.  After discussing the importance of the temple and the work that we do in the temple he seemed satisfied and we went home. It was a nice short FHE, but at least we got it done:)

I'll be posting photos of the Pumpkin Patch trip we took last week with my friend Susan and a couple of her daycare kids.

2 comments:

Linda Liebhardt said...

WOW!! Two posts in one month, plus photos on facebook...we are happy campers around here. Thanks!!

Nick said...

I can't wait to go into the Temple with Hayden someday! Too bad February will still be a little too soon...