Saturday, July 13, 2013

Zoo Trip

This weekend Casey was going a bit stir crazy after a long week at work.  He said he needed to get out of the house.  There are so many things to do in the Madison area that are free or not too expensive to go out and do as a family.  This weekend we decided to head out to the Henry Villas Zoo which is our free zoo in Madison. I've been there a few times with the boys, but Casey hadn't been yet.  It's a small zoo but a fun thing to do every once in a while.
 Yes I dressed the boys up in the same outfit.  It's only a matter of time before they realize it's not cool so I figured I'd better get it out of my system while I can still get away with it:)
 They boys monkeying around!

 How do you measure up in the monkey world?
 Casey taugh Hayden how to use the camera by himself.  It took him a few shots but he's got it down now.
 Corbin loves shorts with pockets!
 See mom, look at the pictures I took.



 The tiger was just pacing back and forth in front of the window in its exhibit.


 The boys looking at the giraffes


 In the reptile room
 The GIANT iguana was also pacing in its exhibit (first time I've seen it move like that).


 Looking at the snakes

 We ate at a Diner in Middleton (I think) and this fountain was out front so the boys played in it when we were done with dinner and dessert (Hayden was still working on his yummy cookie).




 Casey took this one that I think turned out cute!

 Dropping pennies and making wishes:)




 Hayden rarely smiles in pictures and doesn't let me take pictures of him as often as I'd like to.  I love it when I get him with a genuine smile on his face like this.  Such a handsome boy!
 Don't fall in Corbin!

And that was our quick trip to the zoo and dinner after.  I love the summer time in Wisconsin (minus the massive mosquitoes) there is so much to do.  Next weekend I'd like to do a hike on the Glacial Drumlin State Trail.  We shall see.  I'm trying to get a feel for the area so I can play tour guide when Eric comes to visit us in 10 days!! Woo hoo:)

No comments: